How would you fix this Ujoint oops?

jeudi 26 février 2015

So while Changing the ujoint on my passenger side axle, I got a bit carried away with my impact. Using a ball joint press and an impact (because this thing was really stuck), I managed to drive clip up against the stub shaft ear tightly and literally blew off a quarter sized portion of the cap. I was able to get the other side cap/clip off just fine but now I'm left with half a broke cap in the ear and the clip wedged tightly up against the ear. I assume what I need to do is drink more beer, let my pb blaster soak in good, then hammer it back in slightly with a socket (or something else) so that I can remove that stuck clip. But because the top of the cap blew off, it left an uneven surface to hammer on. This is my first u joint repair, Newb mistake. I'm an idiot lol, any advice?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor