wish me luck

jeudi 26 février 2015

With a little luck I can be back on the trails for under $100. This 95 yj Rio grande has been through it, as much as 33's will allow anyway. This is really the first breakdown in the woods and I was still able to drive it out to a safe place.

What happened was, I was dogging it in 3rd gear low range making my way up this hill that had no tracks out the top yet. There was a foot of snow and it had melted and refroze and was down to about 6 inches. I lost a little momentum as I was reaching the top, that's when wheel hop came into play. I was letting out of it to reduce this wheel hop but I didn't want to spin out and have to back of this slick hill that has a pretty good drop on the right hand side. So it was the wheel hop the caused the rear universal to fail. I felt it break and shut the engine off before the smoke from the transfer oil had time to bellow out. When I looked under it my heart sank. I saw the rear housing extension laying on the ground. At the time I didn't know it unbolted and thought I had busted the transfer case housing.



So like I say , with a little luck I didn't bend the main shaft of the transfer and I didn't spread the yoke on the rear end.



Attachment 1912641







Attachment 1912657







0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor