98 Sahara Stumbling, poor fuel economy.

mercredi 25 février 2015

Hello,

I have a 1998 Wrangler Sahara and going on for several years now I have had issues with the engine stumbling. Not when its dead cold, and not while totally hot. I'd see the problem more when it had been warmed up and sat for 15 or 20 minutes or so and cooled down a little. Lately however, it has progressed to having these issues when the engine is really cold. If I leave the house and begin driving up the road, the engine loses power and shakes. It can do so in any gear, and if I rev it in neutral it usually clears it out for 10 seconds or so before doing it again. Sometimes, if I'm stopped at a light and idling, it will stumble, probably misfiring. It dies down to around 500 rpm, and the computer saves it repeatedly, revving it back up. Once the engine is hot, it runs fine, but I get about 15mpg I think, when i should be getting 18-20. I wonder if its running too rich. About a year ago, I had to install a new exhaust manifold (it had cracked, bought one from Advance) and had to have the catalytic converter replaced. A week ago, I ran Lucus deep clean through the fuel tank, and today I installed a new air filter and installed new spark plugs all around. The problem still persists. Its a 1998 Wrangler Sahara 4.0L with the standard 5 speed manual, just 10k short of 200,000 miles. to my knowledge everything is factory equipment. Any suggestions would be appreciated.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor