(Tech Help) Just went to pick up my first WJ and the throttle stuck

samedi 28 février 2015

Hello everyone my name is Kris,

I'm trying to transition from XJ to WJ.



Anyhow I have been trying to find a WJ for a while, I found one took it for a test drive and all was fine. Even took it to get it smogged.



2002 WJ Limited 4.7 H.O Quadradrive with pretty much every option except the bigger springs

285,000 miles on it



Today I went to buy it from the owner. 15 minutes down the road I went to pass a car, ( 40-45mph street) I got on it a lil bit then let off, it seemed like the throttle took a few seconds before it let off. Then another mile down the road I got on it a lil bit again to catch up to the car I was following, and it felt like the cruise control was stuck on. I hit the brakes but the engine was over powering them. I checked and cruise control was not on. There was a stop light quickly approaching so in a panic I had to pop it in neutral, hit the e brake, shut off the engine, and slam it into park to prevent hitting anyone.

I turned on my flasher and caught my breath. Tried to restart it and My throttle was stuck wide open, it raced to redline so I shut it off. tried this several times with the same result. To get out of the street I started it, slammed it in gear then alternating neutral/ drive, rode the brakes and ebrake to a parking spot. I checked the pedal it wasn't stuck, there was no floor mat to get in the way. I checked the throttle cable on the throttle body, it didn't seem to be stuck. Then after a lil while I started it and the throttle was no longer stuck. I drove it to the house I bought it and got my money back. He is going to take it to a dealer to get checked out.



Does anyone have any insight on what may have caused this?

My daughter was with me and my heart is still racing a bit.

We really liked the Jeep except for the racing out of control part.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor