Hesitating, backfiring, loading-up

samedi 21 février 2015

Okay so.



Last week I was leaking coolant everywhere.



I decided to go ahead and swap out the water pump and thermo just in case.



As soon as I did that, it started running godawful.



Idle's fine, but between 1500 and 3000 RPMs it hesitates, loads up and backfires.



The exhaust smells like it's dumping fuel.



Now, the PO had hillbillied a KNS filter in. When I pulled that disaster apart, all the hoses were full of this high-viscosity brown/gray fluid that looked like chocolate milk but smelled like rancid animal grease.



I've been in the process of replacing airbox, returning it to stock.



And I'm confounded.



See attachment:



I've gone ahead and colored the lines that I'm confused about.



1: Red.

The airbox I have doesn't have a "vacuum motor" or "bimetal sensor."

What are they and why do I need them? What function does they serve and can they be ignored?



The system ran fine before without them.



2: Blue & Green.

Why are these two lines going into the airbox? As the Green line runs down to the "canister". I've gone ahead and just ran the Blue to Green and nothing has changed in my running problem.



Also:

The unit as I got it had a TPS that only had one pigtail coming off of it, however there are two in the wiring harness. I replaced the TPS with a stock unit. No change in running.



So what gives? What do I do here? I'm at a loss and am ready to drive the thing into a river. I hate this Renix garbage.




Attached Images





File Type: jpg vaclines-colored.jpg (51.3 KB)






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor