Charging Problem

jeudi 26 février 2015

I have a 99 XJ with a 4.0 it's my daily driver. We recently had a lot of ice and much colder than usual temps. Was leaving store and "check guages light" was on. Volt guage was bottomed out. Drove it 15 minutes home. Turned it off back on and all was fine. Checked voltage at battery with engine on 14.4 engine off 12.8 (I think. I kept driving and then it seemed like every time I hit large amount of water gauge would bottom out then return to 14. Today problem persisted and stayed on 9 for 40 minute drive home with very dim lights. left in drive way for a hour then everything was fine. Sorry for the long post just not sure if this is alternator, belt, tensioner, bad pulley. Any info or suggestions would be appreciated.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor