Towing Capacity 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee with V8 Hemi 4x4

samedi 28 février 2015

I need some advice on towing trailers. My tow capacity according to the book says 7200lbs and tongue 720lbs. I hear the tongue weight doesnt matter if you get a sway bar to distribute the weight, but the towing shouldnt be over or I will ruin the transmission.

A trailer dealer told me that I could increase my tow capacity by adding a lower gear ratio.....what does that mean and how can I do that and will I ruin my transmission/engine?

Most of the trailers I want to tow are dry weights of about 6500lbs then add another 1K for stuff in the camper and I am over the weight limit! This is frustrating especially when i am looking at the xtra lite trailers. Anyhow, can someone please help me that has been through this issue? I would appreciate the advice. BTW, trading in is not an option since its a leased vehicle.



J




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor