Jeep Work Advice

jeudi 19 février 2015

Hey JF,



I was gone away at West Point for 4.5 years and my mother didn't really keep up with the maintenance while I was gone. I changed the oil almost every break but other than that nothing really happened. I don't think she even drove it or turned it on like she said she would. My brother is in the Marine Corps and I allowed him to drive it when he was on leave a few months ago but he's the other person to drive it.



I drove it to Fort Lee and noticed some things that weren't right. After looking I noticed that one of the shocks has completely failed and there is Diff Fluid getting slung all over which makes me think one of the rear seals has failed. It's making a noise like the Throwout Bearing is gone. I wasn't there when my dad changed the clutch last time but it's been no more than 25k ago and probably more like 15k. Luckily the clutches for Jeeps are about 10% the cost of the clutch I have to buy for my 2500 CTD.



My questions are mainly in the clutch and shock route. I have a Fabtech 2.5" Spacer lift on it which I will one day replace with a BDS 3" kit but for now my Jeep is my DD and will not see any trail time until I get to Colorado. Is it okay to use stock length shocks with this if it isn't seeing trail time? I'm just tired of it teetering every time I drive it. In the clutch department. I don't know what clutch was used when he put it in but I suspect it had the inferior throwout bearing instead of the OEM style. I'm looking at SACHS Part # K189005 for the clutch. Does the Sach's kit come with the better TB or should I purchase a National seperately? I'll set up a PO Box soon so I can get it from RockAuto and save some money and I've been pleased with their service in the past. Thanks.



-Zach




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor