85 jeep 4.2 intermittent sputtering

mercredi 29 juillet 2015

Hi Y'all
I thought it all started with bad gas. I drained the tank, replaced fuel filter. I checked the carb for clogged idle tubes. Cleaned the tubes. Actually the tubes had been drilled out by PO. I replaced the air filter and crankcase filter. Checked spark plugs. The plugs were not bad, but I replaced them anyway. I thought I had this problem licked. Took a test drive around the block....no problems. I drove to work the next day, about 30 miles.......no problems. On my return trip home....I had problems. The jeep would sputter or miss when shifting up. It would idle smooth at a stop light and just die. The Jeep runs fine on level or downhill's at 60-65 mph. The issue seems to be intermittent. I thought it could be fuel pump, timing, or ignition. :confused:

Any ideas?


85 jeep 4.2 intermittent sputtering

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor