Stereo cutting out when both wires to speaker are connected

mercredi 29 juillet 2015

'94 Sahara

When I bought it only the speaker bar speakers worked.

The head unit had no aux. input so I replaced it with this one: http://ift.tt/1e1miGT. Nothing great but it should work.

After installation, I've got two problems

1. The right speaker (should be purple and purple/black wires) only works when the purple wire is connected to the head unit. If the purple/black wire is connected, all audio cuts out. At that point restarting the unit, pulling power cables, etc. will not restore audio. You have to unhook and rehook the purple wires after you unhook the purple/black to restore audio. What could cause that? Likely a faulty head unit or something else? As far as I know the other unit worked fine with both wires connected. The left speaker works fine with both wires connected.

2. Front speakers still don't work. Since they weren't working before I know it's probably not the head unit, but how do I troubleshoot this? I can't really trace the wires back because they're wrapped and re-wrapped into so many different things. What colors should I be looking for and is there a quick way to test the speakers?

The wires from the head unit are spliced into a plug. Here's a picture
http://ift.tt/1Sie05G

Both purple and purple/black wires are disconnected in that photo.

Any help is much appreciated. I really don't want to have to cut all the wires I just spliced so I'm hoping I can fix this without sending the unit back.


Stereo cutting out when both wires to speaker are connected

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor