Sp-8100 8-switch panel power system

mercredi 29 juillet 2015

So, I really hate building relay systems. Seriously, it’s just something I really can’t stand.

The options out there for prefab type units seem to be very limited. I have one for my Warning lights/siren/loud speaker, but it was big, the switch panel is very specific, it’s huge, and it fits the stereotype for “made in china”.

My search led me to a company called Switch-Pros. They make a power system that is amazingly simple to install, and the options for how you want the switches to work are fantastic.

Simple things like being able to change whether the button works on the ignition, or is always available (battery). It can do momentary pressing, it can do strobe / flashers, and it’s all configurable and controllable via bluetooth with an app on your Android or iPhone. No laptop required. You can also do it with just the buttons on the panel.

There are a bunch of different companies that sell this. Your price may vary.
So far, this review is based on the customer service (It’s top notch), the installation, and the initial configuration. I haven’t had a chance to use it in the world yet (that comes next week).

Power Module Specs:
  • 6”L x 3”W x .5”H (excluding connectors)
  • Enclosure: Anodized aluminum
  • 8 Outputs, 7 rated @ 18A, 1 rated @ 30A
  • 100A maximum rating 125°C to -40°C
  • 16-pin, sealed automotive connector, wire harness w/100A fused power cable, light and ignition input wires, and eight 3’long output wires

Panel:


Installed:


I’ll try to remember to update this after next weeks trip with any thoughts or issues I find. So far, worth every penny!


Sp-8100 8-switch panel power system

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor