Lost Crankshaft Position Sensor

jeudi 30 juillet 2015

I decided to change the clutch in my 2000 TJ Sahara after my throwout bearing broke. It was my first time doing any mechanical work of this magnitude. I do the change out and I finally got the transmission bolted back to the engine mounts and started reconnecting the wires to various sensors. I go to reach for where the Crankshaft Position Sensor should be and it is not there. I did not disconnect it from the engine, only unbolted it from the bell housing and let it hang. I have reached around the transmission everywhere and cannot find it. I am to the point where I will just purchase a new one to stop wasting time and get my Jeep running again. My problem is I cannot locate where the Crankshaft Position Sensor connects to the wiring harness. There is no open connector and I spent all night looking for a diagram of some sort to help me identify it. Obviously finding it could help me fish out wherever the original one is hiding.

Does anyone have a photo of the actual connector in the engine bay? I have seen the black and white diagrams showing the sensor but the connector is not shown, or not detailed enough.


PS: I should note that I do not believe it is down inside the tranny with a wire stuck between the bell housing and the dust cover, I do not feel any wires sticking out, but finding the connector could shed light on this also.

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 4.0 6 Cylinder - 5 speed NV3550 Transmission - Lost Crankshaft Position Sensor


Lost Crankshaft Position Sensor

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor