Antifreeze/Coolant Question

vendredi 31 juillet 2015

So I bought a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7L Hemi with 110,000 miles from a used dealer in another town. I inspected the vehicle inside and out. I asked the dealer if the vehicle had been inspected by a mechanic and if any work had been done to it since they received it. The answer was no and that it was clean and in great shape. I drove it around town and it was great. I bought it and drove the 130 miles home and everything was great. As soon as I pulled off the interstate, the engine temperature gauge shot up. I pulled into a parking lot, shut it off, opened the hood, and the antifreeze/coolant was dry. I began to worry that it was something that I accidentally missed in my original inspection and perhaps didn't notice on the entire drive home. I called the dealership and they called their mechanic. Turns out that the radiator had been replaced and it was done by an apprentice mechanic and he apparently forgot to refill the coolant. It took me a gallon of undiluted antifreeze/coolant and another gallon of water to dilute to fill the reservoir. It has been running fine since. My question is, what parts could have been affected by this (extremely stupid) mistake and how bad could the damage be? I have owned Hemis a long time and they have proven to be sturdy engines that can withstand a lot of abuse. But I like to take care of my vehicles and I'm worried.


Antifreeze/Coolant Question

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor