Fluctuating Temperature Gauge

jeudi 30 juillet 2015

Last night, I was driving home from work. Jeep seemed to run just fine. I stopped for some gas up the block from the house, turned the Jeep off, gassed up and hopped back in. As soon as I started the Jeep, Check Gauges came and stayed on and the temperature gauge was in the red. Gave the Jeep a little gas and the temperature immediately started dropping back down to 210. Temp stayed between 210 and 230 the entire mile home.

This morning, Jeep started up fine and drove well the entire 15 minutes (10 miles) to work. Then I parked and left the Jeep running. Temp gauge immediately started climbing towards the red. I tapped the gas pedal and immediately the temperature dropped back down to 210-220.

2 years ago I replaced the water pump and t-stat as the pump was leaking and the t-stat because I was in there. This past winter I replaced the radiator and hoses as it cracked. I still need to replace my heater core (I've been putting it off because it's a long, tedious job from what I have read/seen).

Any ideas what this could be? I have tried searching the forums for a similar issue and, maybe I missed it but was unable to find any pertinent information.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.


Fluctuating Temperature Gauge

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor