AC Low Pressure Side High. Help Please!!!

vendredi 31 juillet 2015

Hey Guys,

This last week I replaced the evaporator on my 1994 Jeep XJ. *Reason was I had a small leak that I was never able to track down with dye and so I suspected that the only place left could be the evaporator. Oddly enough when I replaced the evaporator I did not see any dye on it as well.*

After I installed the evaporator and put the dash all back together. I pumped the system for 30 minutes and the gauge read -28 on the low side. Now here is where I think I may have made some big problems. I turned the engine on and began charging with both the high side and low side valves open. I noticed this right away when I saw my low side shoot up to 100 psi. I turned everything off and pumped the system again for 40 min. to make sure all the air was out and got -28 on the low side. I put one can in and had pressures on the low side stay at 35. I closed the valves and put on the second 12 ounce can and instantly the pressure shot back up to 100 on the low side. *The high side valve was closed for both cans*

During this process the compressor has never kicked on and I am not sure why?

My two thoughts are:
- Possible bad expansion valve. Not sure what the symptoms would be if it was bad. The second thing is when I reinstalled the expansion valve I am not 100% sure if there is a front or back to this. Meaning does it need to be flipped over because the freon only goes in one direction?

- Is my compressor bad (worked before the evap. replacement)? How could I tell if it is bad?

Thank you for your help here as I am not sure what my next step is!


AC Low Pressure Side High. Help Please!!!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor