What size trailer and gvrw for hauling my jkur

jeudi 30 juillet 2015

Hello all. I'm looking to buy a flatbed car hauler to tow my jk unlimited long distances. The trailer will mainly be used to tow my yj within the Phoenix area but on occasion I will tow my jkur to places like moab and such. It's easier driving in my pickup vs driving the Jeep.

With that said, what size trailer should I get to haul the jkur? Biggest thing is gvrw and length? Most trailers I'm finding within my budget are 16ft or 18ft and 82-84" wide, dual 3500lb axles with 7000lb gvwr on the trailer. Will this be sufficient to tow my jk unlimited? It's a Rubicon on stock d44 axles and 35" tires, steel front and rear bumpers and steel rock sliders and a 2.5" trailer lift. It's no monster by any means and eventually I will toss some tons on it but for now and the next 5yrs it will remain as is. I may bump up to 37" tires on my next set but for now staying with 35s.

So will a trailer of these specs work? I'm not sure the total weight of my jk. My other option is to hold out and try to find a 16-18ft trailer with dual 5000lb axles and a 10,000 gvwr weight load. Those are way out of my price range new and when used pops up they sell within a few hours here in AZ. Ideally I would like that but wonder if the 3500lb and 7000 gvwr trailer will get the job done?

Thanks for your input.


What size trailer and gvrw for hauling my jkur

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor