Transmission Issue

vendredi 31 juillet 2015

Driving at about 60mph on the highway today, I heard what sounded like my rear fascia flapping around, or like a plastic piece of the wheel well slapping against the tire. I pulled over and saw nothing wrong. I hopped back in and attempted to shift from P or R, only to get a nasty grinding sound. A second attempt didn't get me into reverse either, so I put it in drive and was able to make it home for the few miles I had left. Under acceleration/load, the "flapping/slapping" sound went away, but when I had my foot off the gas, it would often come back.

Inspection at home:
- The pawl on the left side of the transmission seems to be moving properly when shifting through P-R-N-D.
- Trans fluid level is within normal limits and looks and smells fine.
- The grinding is definitely coming from inside the trans.
- After setting for about 10 minutes, another attempt at putting the jeep in reverse worked normally, no grinding at all. So, I guess at least that part of the issue is intermittent.

Any ideas on what these issues might be and if they are connected?

Thanks for any ideas.

2010 WK, 5.7, 545RFE (I assume), QDII


Transmission Issue

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor