Jeep Overheating - A/C + Low Speeds

vendredi 31 juillet 2015

Hi all,

I mentioned a couple weeks ago that my temperature had been spiking occasionally. I have since replace the radiator cap and put on a new fan clutch, but the problem remains.

If I am idling or at low speeds (<30mph) AND the A/C is on, then the temperature will creep up past the 220* mark and then suddenly spike into the red and show the "Check Gauges" light. I've come to learn that the spike is essentially an idiot light that late model Cherokee's have--the actual temperature is not spiking (consistent with physics).

But I'm concerned because I'd expect a functional vehicle to be able to maintain normal operating temperature at any speed, or idle, even with the A/C on. (Maybe this is too much to ask?)

What can I do that I haven't done already?

Couple notes:
  • I live in Texas, which is ungodly hot right now--103* on the dial right now. Maybe normal temps are too much to ask for.
  • The fan clutch I put in was the standard duty NAPA version (272318). I tried to put on the heavy duty one first, actually, but it was too thick! Bumped up against the radiator. Would a heavy duty clutch help, and if so, is there one that fits for real?


Jeep Overheating - A/C + Low Speeds

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor