clutch linkage broke shortly after being rear ended

vendredi 20 février 2015

Hello All,



First thanks in advance for any help.



Back story -

Last week I was stopped in traffic after and intersection, foot either depressing clutch getting ready to start moving or above clutch (I have the bust shin to back that part up), when I was slammed from behind and pushed into the car in front of me. $1800 in bumpers, tire carrier, rear gate and quarter panel work/replacement. She hit me hard enough to bend my bumper under and leave and outline of her license plate. After driving it home I didn't drive till that friday to a dentist appointment and to work. Didn't drive it at all over the weekend and I think i only drove it tuesday-this friday just to work and back.



Problem -

While driving it home I hear a pop when I pushed the clutch in to switch gears, it then felt a little soft. I made it another few miles then my clutch hit the floor. I just replaced the whole system in November with the prebleed kit from Rockauto and have not had any issues (including a christmas road trip to TN and SC).



Question-

Is it possible that during the impact that slammed the clutch pedal to the floor and broke the bushing?



Stats-

98 TJ sport stock manual transmission



Thanks again.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor