Reverse Lights only in PRN (not DL)

samedi 27 décembre 2014

I'm going to add a set of extra reverse lights to my new rear bumper. I have a switch and am familiar with properly wiring a relay to run a set of lights off a switch. It seems like one option is to just run them off a switch from my switch panel. Another would be to run them only with the standard reverse light circuit energizing an additional relay. Neither of those is exactly what I'm looking for.



I'd really like to have my switch panel switch only light up the rear/reverse lights while not in a forward gear.



based on http://www.autolib.diakom.ru/CAR/Jee...RAMS/13898.pdf it is clear that a switch exists that provides ground only when in park/neutral for the starting circuit. I also see a Power Train Control Module sensing line coming into this switch. I'm sure the PTCM knows how/when the starter circuit is active and can deal with the start switch but I also suspect that whatever is sensing this switch when the starter isn't engaged wouldn't be happy with me also using that switch.



Does anyone know of another location to verify the transmission is in park or neutral other than straight from the switch on the transmission?



-Andrew




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor