another 242 swap question thread...

dimanche 28 décembre 2014

First off I have been off my jeep game for a while so I am feeling like a noob again. Secondly, yes i have searched, just havent found the answer I am looking for, plus there is contradicting info so who knows what's right anymore...



I have 99 wj limited with qudra-drive. The four wheel drive does not work. for instance if I try to climb a hill, the front tires start to grab and then just quit and the rears spin. tried fluid changes, and everything in the front looks fine so my money is on transfer case. I have always offroad my cherokee, so to be honest i was never really a fan of the quadradrive stuff anyways. I want to be able to put my jeep in 4 wheel drive and know that its good to go, instead of hoping the computer has things under control. so here is what i found.



I found a guy with a 2001 I6 with selectrac. this is whats in it.



I am guessing this is not an HD because it is in 4.0 instead of a 4.7. Does that sound correct? also will this swap into mine i read something about input shaft sizes being different. Also will the varilok be ok to use or do I need a new front axle as well?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor