Skid plates for MUD...

mardi 30 décembre 2014

Hello all! I don't go on the rocks often, but I regularly off road in muddy conditions- barreling across soft fields, that sort of thing. Corn stalks are a risk, too.



Last week my chum got stuck, axle deep and resting on the bottom of her truck. She'll be out when spring comes...



I got lightly stuck trying to pull her out with my Trailblazer (JK in the shop, engine lights), and when they were dragging it out with a tractor I had visions of what that stuff was doing to the undercart.



So I'm thinking, what should I do about maybe getting a skid plate system like the Synergy, Treks, or River Raider? It seems like the area around the front axle is the most vulnerable, and the commercial systems I mentioned don't really guard there. But I do want something the truck will sit on if I do sink in the quickmud. That way I won't be tearing things off when I get pulled out.



I wish someone made a full rail to rail plate (like GenRight does for lifted jeeps), or that I could make one, but my jeep is only lifted 2 inches. Too much stuff hanging down for a flat plate.



It looks to my ignorant eye like all the full systems are pretty similar. Help a sis out, which do you like and why?



(No pictures of the buried truck, but I will post some in a couple of days.'S pretty funny.)




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor