Excessive Rear Driveshaft U-Joint Wear

mercredi 24 décembre 2014

I seem to be chewing through the U-joints on my rear driveshaft double cardan joint and I can't figure out exactly what's causing it.



Pertinent Facts-

  1. TJ

  2. Tummy Tuck

  3. Super Short SYE

  4. Tow Woods Shaft

  5. Rear 4 link short arm

  6. OME Springs

  7. 8.8 rear

  8. Shaft is properly adjusted (rear angle is straight at ride height)

  9. At full droop the cardan is not binding although it's a little close. I haven't checked articulation binding






I mangled my shaft on the rocks some time towards the end of 2012, so I sent it in and they repaired it. I installed it April 2013, and now I have at least one torn up 1310 (pulling it apart tomorrow). I don't do that much daily driving, I probably have put 5,000 miles (mostly high speed highway) and maybe 5-7 total real wheeling trips on the drive shaft.



The muffler is kind of close, is the overall heat situation hurting me?

Was it because I wasn't super vigilant about greasing the servicable u-joints?

Overtorqued the bolts upon install?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor