suspension guru's, got a few questions about joint mounting, vertical vs horizontal

dimanche 21 décembre 2014

For all you suspension guru's, I am looking to build my own triangulated upper rear suspension. I've been doing lots of reading, and I plan on doing more, but is there any reason mounting a johnny joint with the bolt vertical would pose a problem? Picture for example of what I'm talking about. I am also considering doing the truss side like this. Any reason not to? I want to build my own brackets and truss to keep costs down.



This eliminates having to find what angles to weld brackets at, and that is the only real advantage that I can think of, but that saves me a lot of time, and I am bringing brackets and the arms etc to be welded by a friend, and my rig cannot stay at his shop over night, so the simplicity helps get it done and out of his shop faster.



The only issue I see is if the control arms have enough down travel to max out the johnny joints flex, and cause binding against the bracket. To eliminate this I could mount the bracket in line with the control arms angle, so the joint isn't rotated at ride height. Just exploring all my options, not set on one route or the other. Opinions or experience?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor