99 Sahara. Green Machine

lundi 29 décembre 2014

A little background about me. Almost 40. 2 kids. Been wheelin' since I was in my 20s, been going in the woods since my early years.



My last jeep was an 87 with 3/4 ton running gear locked and 36s. Road worthy, but not very good road manners. Got rid of it when my daughter arrived to focus on family.



Here are a couple of pics I took to sell it.









My son is old enough to start going offroad, so it was time for another Jeep.



I searched for about 2 months before I found this one.











The first owner sent it to Utah to have all the mods done to it after purchase.

IT has 82000 miles on it and the following mods.



6cyl/manual

5" rubicon lift

5-35" wrangler mtr's

Antirock front sway bar

Currie dana 60 rear with ARB 4:88

Dana 30 with Detroit in front 4:88

1 ton steering

Atlas transfer case

Full cage - unsure of brand

Boat sided - unsure of brand

Warn winch

rear bumper tire carrier (swing out)

front warn bumper

warn skids (front diff, steering box, gas tank)

CB located in cage above

Winch wired in cab controls



Took it out to a local trail close to the house with my son on Saturday.

Arrived at the trail and met a couple of guys going to recover a sunken full size, so I decided to follow them and make sure they got it out. Good thing I did. This truck was sunk to the frame.

After they tried to pull it with the truck they brought, I hooked to it with the winch and hooked the rear to a tree, so it didn't drag me.









My son gives the thumbs up.









That's it so far. I will update this thread with mods and pictures from wheelin' trips.



Plans are to outfit it with recovery, tools and first aid then start making it mine.



I want to lower it a little, go with metal cloak fenders and 36" tires. Eventually a 44 or 60 in the front and maybe some 5:13s.

A small stretch at each end.

LED lights

Remove carpet and bedline the interior




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor