Can't keep jeep running

mercredi 31 décembre 2014

Looking for some help.

Have a 98 TJ 4.0 203+K miles 5spd, Remanned engine been in for about 5k miles. In the last 2 weeks I have been having an issue starting it.

First was starter dragging, then when I did get it started it was like no fuel pumping. Rough idle, had to keep foot on pedal to keep running. As soon as foot was off it would die.

Replaced the starter thinking 203k miles on the OEM was enough.Worked fine for about a day but then started the same thing. Had already replaced fuel pump just before putting engine in. Ebay pump so I thought that could be the problem. So brand new Airtex fuel pump went in. No good, right off the bat after priming rough idle and dying when foot was off the pedal.

Alternator is charging fine and the battery is good. I am thinking the distributor may have moved and is out of timing or injectors are giving up.

I can find no vacuum leaks and I do not hear any air being sucked in. Plugs and wires look good (no arcing). Cap and rotor are also good.

Here are links to a few videos.

This is when trying to start the jeep, sound like battery is crap but it has tested fine and it also would not explain the rough idle after it does start.



This one is after I got it started and was keeping my foot slightly on the gas. You can see when I take my foot off the gas the idle drops and wants to die.



This last one is when it finally was running. I had not foot on the gas and engine was starting to warm up.



Please let me know if the video links do not work.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor