Help... I fixed it until it broke

mardi 23 décembre 2014

Last saturday I heard some light grinding/whining while in drive but not moving (in traffic). Since I'm not sure if its ever been serviced, I decided to service it. The trans has 142k original miles. When I got the pan off there was a very light coating of metal and the magnet had maybe a half millimeter of metallic sludge on it. The fluid had a very dark color to it, which is understandable, but didn't smell burned. I wasn't able to get the original seal off of the oil body, and didn't want to damage anything trying to pull it off so I reused it. The flat filter is Mopar since I went through two different NAPA filters (they wouldn't fit) but the return filter is from NAPA. I refiled it with 5 quarts of NAPA atf+4 and warmed up the engine, then topped it off around 5.8 quarts when the dipstick showed it was low.

Problem is...it won't shift now. It won't go in to reverse, drive, second or first gear. It's beyond frustrating. I don't even hear it "click" when selecting a gear. When not in park it just slowly rolls out of my garage like it's in neutral.

Does anybody have any suggestions? Is there a fix besides letting it sit for a few months while I save up 2 grand for a rebuild?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor