Rear Upper Control Arm - Ball Joint Bolt

vendredi 19 décembre 2014

Hello,

Long time reader...you guys have helped me fix many things on my 2003 Liberty. But after scouring the forum, I can't find an answer to this question (I apologize if I missed it).



I am replacing the Rear Upper Control Arm on my 2003 Liberty (stock; not lifted). I jacked the rear and supported the axle on floor stands. I removed the tires to get better access. I loosened the 2 bolts on the front of the "boomerang" with my impact wrench. I also removed the nut on the clamp where the ball joint sits in the differential. However, I did NOT remove the bolt (I tried, but no luck yet).



My questions are:

1) Does the bolt need to be removed to "pop" the ball joint pin out from the clamp?



2) The bolt is threaded...but is the clamp threaded in that i need to use a socket to remove? Can I just hammer on the end of the bolt to pop it out?



3) Assuming I don't need to remove this bolt, I haven't been able to pop the ball joint pin out of the clamp. I've read much on this topic, but I'm wondering if I can just remove the clamp from the differential...looks to be held in by 3 bolts. Then I can take the clamp AND control arm as one piece and disassemble it in the garage.



Thanks for the help in advance. Happy to provide more info if needed.



Thanks,

Justin




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor