[2011] Time for New Brakes!

jeudi 25 décembre 2014

Hi all,



I have a stock 2011 Laredo and it's time for new brakes. I've done this before on several other vehicles. I'm looking for part numbers for what I need from Mopar if I go that route. I'm considering going with aftermarket from Advance Auto Parts since I can do that far cheaper. I've used Wagner ThermoQuiet pads on other Jeeps and really liked them for the price.



On Mopar catalogs, I see things like code BR1, BR6, BRY. What do those mean? I also see rotors for with and without heavy duty brakes and am unsure what that means.



I also generally just replace rotors instead of dealing with getting them balanced and sanded down.



Also, I'm not at my vehicle right now to check... do the rear wheels on the 4x4 have pads and drum shoes?



I have 17" wheels.



Any points on this job would be great. I did a quick search for a brake job write up but haven't found on. If one exists, maybe it should be added to the FAQ or Maintenance/Mod threads stickied on this forum.



Thanks all!




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor