06 WK - Parking Brake Lever Broken? Cable snapped? No Tension.

mercredi 23 avril 2014

I replaced the parking brake shoes after the OEM pad separated from the backing when I replaced the rotors a few weeks ago. (By the way, replacing those shoes really is a PITA to get one of those springs back on without having brake spring pliers handy.)



Anyways, I got in the Jeep and pulled up on the lever and it went half way up before I really felt much tension, so made an adjustment at the shoes and tried again. It still was not like before where it was a couple clicks and you were good, but I took it for a test drive.



I went to pull up on it and it wasn't applying the shoes to the rotor well so I pulled a little harder and then it felt like a cable broke. It didn't seem like I was pulling hard enough that that should have happened...



Ugh. I checked at both brake shoes and on one side it was no longer connected, so I disassembled and when I went to reconnect the cable to where it attaches, I could pull the cable out freely a few inches and it didn't retract back on its own...



I reconnected and reassembled, but still no tension on the brake lever until it is almost all the way up, and even then there are no parking brakes.



When I pull the plastic back on the parking brake lever, It looks like there is one cable that is connected. But when the lever is lowered, the cable doesn't seem to retract...



Ugh, so what have I got myself into?




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor