Tip of the Day - Knocking Through Steering Column

lundi 21 avril 2014

I have felt a pretty severe knock through the steering column since I put the Jeep on the road. The lower bearing retainer was loose in the column and the entire shaft would move about 1/8" either direction.



I expect the retainer should be a snug fit in the column but mine is not, and the C-clip simply keeps the retainer from slipping out.



I pulled the clip and put it in a safe place, where I will not be able to find it later and put a 2" hose clamp around the end of the column and bearing retainer, I can only detect a slight movement in the lower shaft now and this probably a combination of the bearing fit to the shaft and the bearing fit to the bearing housing.



Much improved, cheap and fast.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor