Repairing the multi-pin diagnostic connector?

mardi 22 avril 2014

I have a DRB2 I picked up on eBay, which works great - except with the diagnostic port under the carpet next to the gas pedal. There's a loose connection or dry joint or something that means it won't work unless I twist and twiddle the connector until I see a stable reading for the CCD bus-plus and bus-minus lines on the DRB display. I then have to hold the connector in that position while I use the scan tool, and it can still drop out, which is a serious PITA during some operations that take a minute or so to complete and have to be restarted if the DRB loses comms in the middle.



This is the connector in question (not actually mine, just an image grabbed off Google):







Am I correct in thinking it's possible to pop those pins out, so I could check for problems in the join between the wire and the pin? If so, do I need some kind of special tool?



BTW, I know it's not the DRB2 cable itself, because it works perfectly with the same-style connector for the airbag diagnostic in the passenger footwell.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor