trail trusted plus death to leaks

lundi 21 avril 2014

My dad got his custom ordered Polaris 900 crew cab and wanted to take some trails from his home in New River, AZ to the Rock Springs cafe. I was invited but really wanted to get my new (to me) CJ on the dirt for the first time. It was my first time 4-wheelin a manual tranny and I only stalled her twice (on steep hills) to which I blame inexperience in this CJ. Overall this little Iron Duke put out the torque and it was a hell of a day. So here are the issues:



A) I don't think I was ever able to get her in 4H, it was difficult to shift the Dana 300 in any direction so we took the hills in 4L. I can go from N to 2H but can not get her to go back another shift- any ideas?



B) While I haven't decided for certain whether I'll keep the CJ or not I'm constantly upgrading/repairing her for a better overall ride. I want all the dash gauges and factory features to work so I'm attacking them one at a time. I fail to find the oil pressure sending unit or it's home on the engine block- any ideas?



C) I traced yet another oil leak to the distributor. I ordered a new gasket from AutoZone but would like some insight on the procedure for changing out. Please post a link or how to on this one.



D) There's a leak between the Dana 300 and tranny, I'm not sure which one it is but it's leaking really bad and I'd like to replace the seal ASAP, from the picture, how do I unbolt the 300 from that trapezoidal aluminum block? What seals are in there? Is it as simple as drop the rear drive shaft then unbolt the 300 and visually confirm the leaky seal?



I have many more questions but it's late and I'll try to address them in a fresh thread with new pictures.




Attached Images





















File Type: jpg 003_zps3207920a.jpg (77.9 KB)
File Type: jpg 004_zpsc52fdcd1.jpg (43.3 KB)
File Type: jpg 010_zps09f71b73.jpg (53.2 KB)
File Type: jpg 009_zps467eb57b.jpg (62.3 KB)
File Type: jpg 007_zps7fc3d312.jpg (51.4 KB)






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor