Dual batteries or high amp Alternator for winching?

jeudi 24 avril 2014

Hi all, buying my Grandpa's last Jeep he built up (so it's sentimental value), a 1946 Willy's CJ2A. He's put a 350 V8 in there with custom radiator and etc.



I'd like to get a winch for it (I remember all too well being stuck in my CJ7 years ago, wishing I had one!), and immediately thought of doing a double battery setup. But honestly with that V8 shoe-horned in the CJ2A, I don't know how much room there is for a second battery.



So that begs the question: Do I even need a second battery for winching or would a high amp alternator for that 350 do the trick even better? Or does everyone think whatever alternator he's got on there right now will be just fine - assuming it's stock output?



I'd appreciate any thoughts on how this works. I'm not sure if the juice has to come from the battery to the winch or if the winch can just suck off the alternator output and not really discharge the battery at all when running. I'm sure some much more experienced winching veterans can give me the real scoop here. :thumbsup:

Thanks!




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor