Front Drive Shaft confusion

mardi 29 avril 2014

Hi, I know this covers ground from other posts I've, but I'm a bit mechanically naïve and can't quite work this out.



I have a 2001 4.7l v8 WJ Grand Cherokee. It has been lifted. After off-roading the past weekend the front drive shaft was grinding like a flour mill. The mechanic we took it to said that being raised without having replaced the stock drive shaft, it was placing a lot of pressure on the joints. They came out with three options. I quote:

Option 1: Reconditioning of existing tailshaft (non-modified) $1,066.20

Option 2: Reconditioning and modification of existing tailshaft to allow for raised suspension setup $1,666.75

Option 3: Replacement of tailshaft with new genuine part from Jeep $2,079.65



I'm not even sure what they mean by reconditioning in option 1.

In option 2 they said they would upgrade the yoke (not sure why this is necessary) and elongate the shaft (not sure what this means), but I just can't believe the price.

Option 3 is a joke, but I'm wondering if there is an option 4 which is to just refit an after market drive shaft (in which case, recommendations?)- or if I did that will this problem just return in a few months?



Any clarity or suggestions would be really appreciated.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor