Willys ride

jeudi 24 avril 2014

Project Willy's ride retirement of a xj

"Willy is my puppy"







The time has come to retire the xj she was a good ride but the tj needs her parts. I've owned my tj since it had 27000 miles on it now 8 years later and almost 90000 and some mild upgrades she sits on a 2" bb with 33" tires and a rhino lined tub chromoly shafts adj upper rear control arm home made bumpers rough country winch plate and good ol trusty mile maker 9500 winch Novak shifter and sye tom woods cv driveshafts jks discos



What's to come and where I'm at with the build



In the process of taking the xj apart and selling to fund the build and to take the axles and arb out of her. So the tj will get a hp 30 with high stear hd stearing links with hymes adj trac bar w hymes and arb locker with 4:56 gears in front going to truss it with artic ind truss. The rear will get the 8.8 4:56 gears chromoly shafts and artic 8.8 tj swap truss. 1" ml and 1.25" bl so I can build a flat skid from frame arch to frame arch going to use a trans crossmember between the frame rails. At least the xj will live on in spirit r.i.p. ol girl. Thanks for the 35/12.5/15 tsl swampers and axles and lockers



On order



metalcloak over lines and rear fender mount plate w mod cut the trusses for the axles artic trusses frount and back



What I can't make up my mind on



Been thinking abought a 1.25" bl and 2"-3" coils w fixed lowers and adj uppers or adj lowers and uppers anyone running bds coils or the metalcloak coils or any others you like or prefer I like the soft ride of my stock w spacers so any suggestions are welcome going to stay with short arms thanks for any input





Pics to come soon........




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor