97 zj 4.0 sludge questions

samedi 26 avril 2014

about a month ago I picked up a reasonably rust free zj with a 4.0 to replace my rusted one. it had a bad tranny so I rebuilt that. I replaced the valve cover gasket last Wednesday and discovered a pile of crusty, sludgy mess surrounding the valve springs and coating the rockers, etc. I scrapped some out and sucked it up in a vacuum cleaner but there is still a lot in there and I wonder about the condition of the rest of the engine(rings, oil pump, etc.). so what do you all think? I had someone that I trust their opinion recommend rebuilding the engine to completely remove the build up. and using a cleaner could plug the pick up tube and cause more problems than I already have.




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor