WJ or KJ?

mercredi 30 avril 2014

I'm looking at switching to a different model jeep.



Anyway, I own an 05 KJ and recently I was trying to get up some opposite flex ramps and the lack of articulation brought on by the front sway bar kept me from getting up something simple even with LSD's in both axles. I think not being able to disconnect my sway bars really puts me at a disadvantage. I've put a fair amount into this car just to be bested by a friend in an 04 WJ with the same height lift and 32's.



Here's where it gets interesting, my dad has an identical WJ (even the same color and special edition) but stock. Should I trade my dad for his car and start fresh with a SFA? Mileage is a big concern but the overdrive gears should help because I do almost all highway driving during the week.



Comparison

05 KJ

3.7 gas 17-23 mpg

6-speed (I like manual but I don't like the lack of instant power)

4.10 gears and true tracs in the front and rear

3.5" lift with soon to be 32's

CIA, magnaflow

Rock lizard rock rails, full factory skids, tow hooks



04 WJ

4.7 gas ~15-20?

automatic, better for rock crawling?

factory skid plates and tow hooks

how I would want to set it up:

I would leave the gears alone but maybe do some lockers

Same exhaust work and armor

4-5" lift with 32" duratracs for mileage



One small option is for an older JK... but that would be difficult and it would be a sport. Is that better than my other two options?



So the final question is really, which car is better overall, considering I'll be driving about 140-175 miles per week (80% highway) and still want to be able to wheel and not get hung up with IFS.



Anyone have any advice or insight on this? Any comments are appreciated even if you're just agreeing that one car would be better.



some picture of the two cars (the grand would come stock)




Attached Images









File Type: jpg comparison.jpg (312.4 KB)
File Type: jpg Where my Jeep takes me.jpg (438.2 KB)






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor