Paranoia time... did I get the head gasket the right way round?

mardi 22 avril 2014

I've had a sudden paranoia attack that I don't remember double-checking that the head gasket was the correct way round when installing it. I probably *did* double-check, but at the back of my brain is a niggle that I may have installed it such that the cutouts for the two large coolant passages at the very back of the block, behind cylinder 6, may be at the front of the block instead, meaning that those two passages would now be blocked.



Since reassembling I've had the Jeep running for about 30 minutes, and coolant temps have read normal. Can I tell my paranoia to take a hike? Obviously, opening it all back up again to check isn't really something you do on a whim...




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor