1989 Yj 4.2L rough/missing at idle when warmed up

mercredi 9 avril 2014

Hi I have a 89yj with the 258 in it with an auto tranny. The jeep only has 73000 original miles on her. I am having two issues still. It missed at idle when close to or at operating temp and also is really hard to start when warm. When I first bought her, she ran real rough at idle and wanted to die at stops. She runs waaaaay better now as I have done the following:

1) cleaned out the idle tubes in the carb

2) did the team rush iginition conversion with stock coil.

3) replaced thermostat and waterpump (unrelated)



She has way more power and also idles nice when cold. As soon as it gets to operating temp the idle walks up and down and it misses. Also it's only idling at about 650 rpms. This seems low to me but you guys can attest to that. I have the stock carb and it's not nuttered. Could it be the original o2 sensor being shot? It should be noted that one of the egr tubes has a hole the size of a dime and there is an exhaust leak there.



Any ideas please chime in!:cheers2:




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor