CJ5 newb

vendredi 18 avril 2014

Hi guys, I just did a Craigslist swap into a 1981 Jeep CJ5 and while I have quite the shop and wrenchin' experience, I have a few questions you might be able to help me out with.



For starters, she's leaking oil like a siv, I found that is coming out of this orange plate covering something on the motor, I'm curious to know if that is where the oil pressure sending unit would go. This wont be an easy answer, it's a 4 cyl but the numbers on the block fail to produce anything on Google so I do not know the year or make of the motor. I think that if I can not find what is supposed to go here, some RTV sealant will help stop the leak. That being said, the oil pressure guage in the dash does not register anything in current state.



Then I just replaced the speedometer cable but I'm having a hard time getting the gear to mesh with the worm drive in the transfer case. Again, I do not know year or make of the case but I noticed the gear is slightly off center of the shaft to which I believe it inserts 'not engaging' the worm drive then a special wrench would turn the face of the plug, forcing the gear to mesh with the worm.



Someone put an aftermarket temp gauge in the cabin which reads temp accurately, the new speedo cluster has a temp gauge but when I bridged the wire, the cluster reads 'all the way hot' but the independent gauge is still correct. Can I adjust the cluster by putting a resistor or something on the wire that jumps the sending cable?



Finally, I have a leak between the transmission and transfer case, think this is as simple as a new gasket?




Attached Images

















File Type: jpg 001_zpse0ca5bae.jpg (76.8 KB)
File Type: jpg 002_zpsdd6d6703.jpg (54.3 KB)
File Type: jpg 004_zpsffc4c1af.jpg (74.9 KB)
File Type: jpg 005_zps6c75f4c6.jpg (62.1 KB)






0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor