Head Gasket? Fluid Drip from tailpipe air in cooling

mardi 15 avril 2014

Hi Everyone. 2001 4.7 V8 limited with 147k. I've had air in the cooling system and I've tried the bleeding process which seems to help cut down on the air bubbles but they don't go away completely.



While I had the jeep parked on an incline during the bleed process I noticed there was fluid dripping from the exhaust pipe when the vehicle was running. If I gave the engine more gas the fluid would drip even more out of the tail pipe. The fluid seemed like water/engine coolant. Also noticed white smoke?



Is this a sign of a blown head gasket?? I've had the jeep for about a year and a half and there's been air in the cooling system ever since for about 10k miles. Never had any major overheating issues as the auxillary fan usually kicks in if the temp rises.



Is the fluid dripping from the tailpipe normal? What should I do to identify the problem and is there a fix that doesn't even major engine repair?



Thanks for the advice everyone!




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor