Multiple radiator replacements / Northern VA Jeep shop recommendations

jeudi 17 avril 2014

This past weekend, I put my third replacement radiator in my 2000 TJ. I elected to go with a Griffin this time, as it was only $60 higher than a Mopar; and I wanted to go with a higher quality replacement this time. The first two were cheap OEM style 3rd party replacements from Quadratec or 4WD .com and each lasted about 2-3 years before my jeep started overheating in summer months when running the A/C. As soon as I drop in a new rad, the temp stays locked at 210.



Anyway, when I told my old mechanic in Boston about it, he said he was concerned that this could be a problem stemming from a cracked cylinder head, as the 2000 has the 0331 cylinder head famous for cracking between the 3 and 4 cylinder. I've not had any white exhaust smoke or other symptoms, but I'd like to have a local shop test for a cracked head or a blown head gasket.



Long set up for my question: does anyone have any recommendations for a solid and reputable Jeep shop in the Dulles/Reston area? I'm willing to drive further if necessary. I've read that High Tech Auto was good, but the latest anyone wrote about them on here was in 2011. Any help would be appreciated!



Also, if anyone has had the same issues with multiple radiators, please let me know if you were able to discover the root cause. Thanks!




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor